Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Z W <mp...@gmail.com> on 2008/03/11 17:48:33 UTC

ant freezing issue

Hi

I have ant 1.7 running on Windows.
I've come to notice that when I kick off my Ant script, it ran fine and
occasionally it would hang/freeze its printing on screen/monitor
for example, on sshexec task. I had to press Enter key before it continues
with its execution.

:
[sshexec] tag is create-db
[sshexec] bin is /bin
[sshexec] passed create-db : Creating database schema...DONE
[sshexec] end of launch
[sshexec] sleeping 300 ....
[sshexec] exiting ....
[sshexec] libmuxer.so    <--- hangs here until I press enter; other times it
ran fine without freezing and move on to next step.
:

The freezing issue hangs on other targets at various times.

<sshexec host="${hostname}"

username="${username}"

password="${password}"

command="

:

:

perl install_data -action add ;

cd ${app_dir};

cp /libmuxer.so lib/. ;

sleep 25 ;

ls libmuxer.so ;

:

:

"

failonerror="false"

output="init.txt"

outputproperty="init"

trust="true"/>

The ssh is to a sun host in the network.

I'm somewhat sure there're ppl out there experiencing this problem.
Is there a workaround to get rid of this issue like what specific command
line argument I could give to make sure
Ant doesn't hang on a task.

Thanks