Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by "Waldhoff, Rodney" <rw...@us.britannica.com> on 2002/04/29 21:48:18 UTC

[pool] 1.0 release soon (was RE: [pool] PROPOSAL: add collecting of statistics to pool implementations)

> I'd like to do one in the next day or so, if
> there are no remaining gotcha bugs.

I added an abstract BaseObjectPool this morning, for forward compatibility.
I'd like to do the same for KeyedObjectPool, but it shouldn't take very
long.

I've been expanding the docs a bit today, but that could continue after a
1.0 release, it's really just improving the online site.

If anyone is strongly bothered by ObjectPool.numIdle() and
ObjectPool.numActive() versus the getXXX() style, now might be the right
time to change it, although it may already be too late depending upon how
broadly pool is being used.

Thoughts?

Re: [pool] 1.0 release soon (was RE: [pool] PROPOSAL: add collecting of statistics to pool implementations)

Posted by "Craig R. McClanahan" <cr...@apache.org>.

On Mon, 29 Apr 2002, Waldhoff, Rodney wrote:

> Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2002 14:48:18 -0500
> From: "Waldhoff, Rodney" <rw...@us.britannica.com>
> To: 'Jakarta Commons Developers List' <co...@jakarta.apache.org>
> Subject: [pool] 1.0 release soon (was RE: [pool] PROPOSAL: add collecting
>      of statistics to pool implementations)
>
> > I'd like to do one in the next day or so, if
> > there are no remaining gotcha bugs.
>
> I added an abstract BaseObjectPool this morning, for forward compatibility.
> I'd like to do the same for KeyedObjectPool, but it shouldn't take very
> long.

+1.

> I've been expanding the docs a bit today, but that could continue after a
> 1.0 release, it's really just improving the online site.

Either way is fine with me.

> If anyone is strongly bothered by ObjectPool.numIdle() and
> ObjectPool.numActive() versus the getXXX() style, now might be the right
> time to change it, although it may already be too late depending upon how
> broadly pool is being used.

How about adding getXxx() versions, implement the old ones in terms of
them, and deprecate the old ones?

> Thoughts?

Craig