Posted to soap-user@ws.apache.org by bob <gu...@noos.fr> on 2003/05/12 11:40:57 UTC

Setting the character encoding inside SOAP messages

Hello,

I need to know if there is a possibility to set the character encoding
inside a SOAP message so that the answer would be in a particular encoding.

My purpose is to get an answer encoded in "ISO-8859-1" instead of  "UTF-8"
the default for me.

Thanks for your help.

Guy

Re: Setting the character encoding inside SOAP messages

Posted by Scott Nichol <sn...@scottnichol.com>.

On 12 May 2003 at 6:31, pravin pachbhai wrote:

> i dont want any emais related to SOAP.
>
> Remove my email ID.
> please
> --- bob <gu...@noos.fr> wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I need to know if there is a possibility to set the
> > character encoding
> > inside a SOAP message so that the answer would be in
> > a particular encoding.
> >
> > My purpose is to get an answer encoded in
> > "ISO-8859-1" instead of  "UTF-8"
> > the default for me.
> >
> > Thanks for your help.
> >
> > Guy
> >

> =====
>
> Contact No: 630-865-6296

> http://search.yahoo.com

Scott Nichol

Do not reply directly to this e-mail address,
as it is filtered to only receive e-mail from
specific mailing lists.

Re: Setting the character encoding inside SOAP messages

Posted by Tamara <tm...@paradis.dk>.
   <so...@xml.apache.org>

Re: Remove my email id in this group

Posted by Scott Nichol <sn...@scottnichol.com>.
Many people report failure with the old address, which was
@xml.apache.org.  Also, you must send the e-mail from the account
that is subscribed.

Posted by Balaji <ba...@ionidea.com>.

Posted by pravin pachbhai <pr...@yahoo.com>.

--- bob <gu...@noos.fr> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I need to know if there is a possibility to set the
> character encoding
> inside a SOAP message so that the answer would be in
> a particular encoding.
>
> My purpose is to get an answer encoded in
> "ISO-8859-1" instead of  "UTF-8"
> the default for me.
>
> Thanks for your help.
>
> Guy

=====

Contact No: 630-865-6296

http://search.yahoo.com

Re: Setting the character encoding inside SOAP messages

Posted by Scott Nichol <sn...@scottnichol.com>.
You may be able to set the HTTP Content-Type, the xml declaration, or
both, but I do not recall which.

For an RPC client, one does something like

	SOAPContext ctx = new SOAPContext();
	ctx.setRootPart("X", "text/xml; charset=utf-7");

    Call call = new Call("urn:AddressFetcher", "getAddressFromName",
params, null, encodingStyleURI, ctx);

    call.setSOAPMappingRegistry(smr);

For a message-based server, you could do something similar with the
response context.  For an RPC-based server, I am not sure you can
access the response context.