Posted to user@struts.apache.org by "Brown, Melonie S. - Contractor" <Me...@forscom.army.mil> on 2003/06/30 06:57:28 UTC

What is the "right" way to collect multiple Id/Value Input on a Form

This Struts tip - http://husted.com/struts/tips/006.html - shows using two
separate string arrays to gather label/value information from a form.  This
would seem to rely on the information in the two arrays being returned in
the same order (which may or may not be the case). Is this an acceptable
practice, or is there a way to get back a List of id/value pairs instead of
the two string arrays?

If so, could someone please provide an action/form code snippet or point me
to an example?   I would greatly appreciate it.

Melonie

RE: What is the "right" way to collect multiple Id/Value Input on a Form

Posted by Yuriy Zubarev <yu...@yahoo.ca>.
Take a look at http://htmltable.yuriy-zubarev.com/customerListEditable2.do.
If you use "2-d way" then even though you may not have a perfect matrix
of editable elements, the result returned will always be correct.

Thanks,
Yuriy Zubarev