Posted to user@poi.apache.org by Koushik Mitra <Ko...@infosys.com> on 2009/04/28 11:22:20 UTC

Getting incorrect value while trying to extract content from xlsx

HI,

I was trying to extract content from an xlsx file.
However, I am getting julian date value for a cell with date format and '1.0' in place of '100%'.
I want to retain the value as present in that xlsx file.

Solution appreciated.

Thanks,
Koushik

Infosys e-mail system.

Re: Getting incorrect value while trying to extract content from xlsx

Posted by MSB <ma...@tiscali.co.uk>.
I think that you are getting confused between the cells contents and the
value the user sees displayed when viewing the sheet using Excel. Remember
that the latter will be formatted by Excel using the rules that are
contained within the cells formatting information. When you use HSSF/XSSF
you will get the value the cell actually contains - or as near as possible
with some numerical values - and you need to format it yourself to get the
same result the user sees when viewing the sheet using Excel.

Have a look at the HSSFDataFormatter class. It contains a method called
formatCellValue() that is most likely the one you want to use.