Posted to user@poi.apache.org by Dave Smith <ds...@vymac.com> on 2003/06/26 23:13:19 UTC

POI and Office X (Mac OS X Jaguar)

Greetings,

My first attempt at generating an Excel file with POI opens just fine in
Excel 97
on Windows NT, but fails to open in Microsoft Office X on Mac OS X. In
fact, if crashes the entire Excel program. If I take the output from my POI
routine and save it as a different file using Office 97, the file size
increases markedly,
and this file is readable by Office X. So, am I missing something?

Any ideas? I'd like to spelunk the difference but I don't know enough yet to
do that. (And I'm not sure I want to know!)

My POI routine is here if anyone wants to comment on it:

http://dev.myverlo.com/poi-routine.txt

Maybe I'm missing something required?

Thanks, and best regards,

David R. Smith
Manager of Web and Database Engineering
VyMaC Corporation
608-276-9797x18
dsmith@vymac.com

Re: POI and Office X (Mac OS X Jaguar)

Posted by "Andrew C. Oliver" <ac...@apache.org>.
Attach this to a bug as well as your xls file.  I'm quite curious.  I'm on
OSX and Office v.X and everything works just fine...

On 6/26/03 5:13 PM, "Dave Smith" <ds...@vymac.com> wrote:

> Greetings,
>
> My first attempt at generating an Excel file with POI opens just fine in
> Excel 97
> on Windows NT, but fails to open in Microsoft Office X on Mac OS X. In
> fact, if crashes the entire Excel program. If I take the output from my POI
> routine and save it as a different file using Office 97, the file size
> increases markedly,
> and this file is readable by Office X. So, am I missing something?
>
> Any ideas? I'd like to spelunk the difference but I don't know enough yet to
> do that. (And I'm not sure I want to know!)
>
> My POI routine is here if anyone wants to comment on it:
>
> http://dev.myverlo.com/poi-routine.txt
>
> Maybe I'm missing something required?
>
> Thanks, and best regards,
>
> David R. Smith