Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by mi...@convergys.com on 2007/06/19 13:30:05 UTC

[Trinidad]Dialogs not modal in firefox

It appears that dialogs work differently in IE and Firefox.  In IE they
are modal.  In Firefox they are not.  Is there something I am missing? (I
am using the JSF 1.2 branch)

Re: [Trinidad]Dialogs not modal in firefox

Posted by Scott O'Bryan <da...@gmail.com>.
I see.  I was looking at the code and it didn't seem that way to me, but
I didn't do a lot of digging.  You're probably correct.

Posted by Adam Winer <aw...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Matt Cooper <ma...@gmail.com>.
Hi Scott,

Posted by Scott O'Bryan <da...@gmail.com>.

Scott O'Bryan wrote:
> Hey Mike, do you have a JIRA ticket for this?  If you do I can try to
> see about submitting a patch.  I'll begin working on this.
>
> mike.sauer@convergys.com wrote:
>>
>> It appears that with firefox the modal setting (if that is what
>> Trinidad is using) requires special privileges to take effect.
>> http://developer.mozilla.org/en/docs/DOM:window.open#Features_requiring_privileges
>>

>> *"Adam Winer" <aw...@gmail.com>*
>>
>> 06/19/2007 11:54 AM
>> Please respond to
>> "MyFaces Discussion" <us...@myfaces.apache.org>

>>     "MyFaces Discussion" <us...@myfaces.apache.org>
>> cc
>>
>> Subject
>>     Re: [Trinidad]Dialogs not modal in firefox
>>

>> It's a bug with our Firefox JS - or, perhaps, something that just isn't
>> possible with Firefox?  I'd love any insight into how to make the
>> dialogs
>> modal in Firefox.
>>
>> -- Adam
>>

>> On 6/19/07, mike.sauer@convergys.com <mi...@convergys.com> wrote:
>> >
>> > It appears that dialogs work differently in IE and Firefox.  In IE
>> they are
>> > modal.  In Firefox they are not.  Is there something I am missing?
>> (I am
>> > using the JSF 1.2 branch)

Re: [Trinidad]Dialogs not modal in firefox

Posted by mi...@convergys.com.
No, I did not create a JIRA ticket.

Posted by Scott O'Bryan <da...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Scott O'Bryan <da...@gmail.com>.