Posted to dev@tuscany.apache.org by Meeraj Kunnumpurath <m....@hotmail.co.uk> on 2006/12/31 13:41:26 UTC

Default property value on Component

Hi,

I would like to add a method public Map<String, PropertyValue<?>>
getDefaultPropertyValues() on org.apache.tuscany.spi.component.Component to
make the properties available for management (read-only to start with). I
have been thinking about adding code into
org.apache.tuscany.core.builder.BuilderRegistry to get the default property
information from ComponentDefinition and make it available on Component.
When register is called on CompositeComponentExtension, the Component is
made available for management though the ManagementService.

I would appreciate if someone with more insight into core could please
validate this approach.

Ta
Meeraj