Posted to common-dev@hadoop.apache.org by Matthew Sharp <mb...@gmail.com> on 2019/10/11 15:47:02 UTC

Re: [EXTERNAL] Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop Ozone 0.4.1-alpha

+1 (non-binding)

- Started the pseudo docker compose cluster.  Ran ozone freon and looked
through UI metrics and configurations

- Ran the full smoke test suite that Martin mentioned below, noticed a few
warnings but all tests passed

On 10/10/19, 5:36 AM, "Elek, Marton" <el...@apache.org> wrote:

    +1

    Thank you Nanda the enormous work to make this release happen.

      * GPG Signatures are fine

      * SHA512 signatures are fine

      * Can be built from the source package (in isolated environment

    without cached hadoop/ozone artifacts)

      * Started the pseudo cluster with `compose/ozone`

      * Executed FULL smoke-test suite (`cd compose && ./test-all.sh`) ALL

    passed except some intermittent issues:

        * kinit step was failed due to timeout but after that all the
secure

    testss are passed. I think my laptop was too slow... + I had other CPU

    sensitive tasks in the mean time

      * Tested to create apache/hadoop-ozone:0.4.1 image

          * Using hadoop-docker-ozone/Dockerfile [1]

          * Started single, one node cluster + tested with AWS cli

    (REDUCED_REDUNDANCY) (`docker run elek/ozone:test`)

          * Started pseudo cluster (`docker run elek/ozone:test cat

    docker-compose.yaml && docker run elek/ozone:test cat docker-config`)

      * Tested with kubernetes:

        * Used the image which is created earlier

        * Replaced the images under kubernetes/examples/minikube

        * Started with kubectl `kubectl apply -f` to k3s (3!) cluster

        * Tested with `ozone sh` commands (put/get keys)

    Marton

    [1]:

    ```

    docker build --build-arg

    OZONE_URL=
https://home.apache.org/~nanda/ozone/release/0.4.1/RC0/hadoop-ozone-0.4.1-alpha.tar.gz

    -t elek/ozone-test .

    ```

https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachehadoop-1238/

    > The RC tag in git is at:

    > https://github.com/apache/hadoop/tree/ozone-0.4.1-alpha-RC0

    > And the public key used for signing the artifacts can be found at:

    > https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/hadoop/common/KEYS

    > This release contains 363 fixes/improvements [1].

    > Thanks to everyone who put in the effort to make this happen.

    > *The vote will run for 7 days, ending on October 11th at 11:59 pm
IST.*

    > Note: This release is alpha quality, it’s not recommended to use in

    > production but we believe that it’s stable enough to try out the
feature

Posted by Dinesh Chitlangia <dc...@cloudera.com.INVALID>.
+1 (non-binding)
-Verified signatures
-Built from sources
-Smoke tests passes
-Verified audit logs

Thank you Nanda for organizing this release.

-Dinesh

Posted by Dinesh Chitlangia <dc...@cloudera.com.INVALID>.
+1 (non-binding)

Posted by Dinesh Chitlangia <dc...@cloudera.com.INVALID>.