Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Xavier Hanin <xa...@gmail.com> on 2007/03/07 19:39:25 UTC

need help understanding dependency management

Hi All,

I would like to get some more insight on how maven find the jars in the
repository. For instance, I use mule 1.3.3 which has the following
dependency:
<dependency>
<groupId>org.safehaus.jug</groupId>
<artifactId>jug</artifactId>
<version>2.0.0</version>
<classifier>asl</classifier>
</dependency>

The jar downloaded is:
http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/safehaus/jug/jug/2.0.0/jug-2.0.0-asl.jar

Is there a rule saying that if a classifier is present, then the downloaded
artifact will use the classifier in the file name as I can suspect from the
behavior I experiment?

Thanks in advance,

- Xavier

Re: need help understanding dependency management

Posted by Xavier Hanin <xa...@gmail.com>.
On 3/7/07, Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Yes... The rule for filenames where a classifier has been specified is
> {$artifactId}-{$version}-{$classifier}.

OK, thanks.

- Xavier

Wayne