Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by laxmiraghu <la...@yahoo.com> on 2008/09/16 09:20:14 UTC

How can i configure my jetspeed portal to land in my customized portlet instead of jetspeed default portlet

I developed some project specific portlets and default home page etc. I want
to display my default customized home page when i access the url

http://localhost:8080/jetspeed/portal

instead of jetspeed specific portlets.

How can i achieve this? Please suggest.

Any help is highly appreicated.

Thank you.

Re: How can i configure my jetspeed portal to land in my customized portlet instead of jetspeed default portlet

Posted by laxmiraghu <la...@yahoo.com>.
Thanks Woonsan.

I achieved what i want by modifying the header.vm and footer.vm files.

Thanks a lot for the help.

Re: How can i configure my jetspeed portal to land in my customized portlet instead of jetspeed default portlet

Posted by Woonsan Ko <wo...@yahoo.com>.
Hi,

It works very well in my environment.
If you copied your psml file and renamed it to default-page.psml, then you can suspect the modification time of the file.
Jetspeed will renew page contents cache based on the modification time of the file.
Sometimes renaming a file will not change its modification time.

Regards,

Woonsan

Posted by Woonsan Ko <wo...@yahoo.com>.
I think you need to write one for your site. You can write portal pages (.psml) very easily under jetspeed portal platform.
Probably you need to have bunch of psml files for your site. It can be helpful to refer to "Portal Development Guides" in http://portals.apache.org/jetspeed-2/guides/index.html.

Posted by Woonsan Ko <wo...@yahoo.com>.
Do you mean your portlet application by the war file to deploy?
If so, .psml files is not part of your portlet application.
.psml files are located in the /WEB-INF/pages/ folder of /jetspeed portal web application.
I guess you need to copy your .psml files into /jetspeed/WEB-INF/pages/ folder in another step.

Regards,

Woonsan

Posted by Woonsan Ko <wo...@yahoo.com>.
How about saving your default customized psml page into /jetspeed/WEB-INF/pages/default-page.psml?