Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by "Wechsung, Wulf" <wu...@sap.com> on 2012/10/30 18:25:50 UTC

Suppressing t5 translations

Hello Guys,

Today I found issue: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TAP5-2023
Short version is that a specific locale (zh_CN) produces an exception in conjunction with field validators because some messages don't use indexed format parameters.

The work-around we thought of until this is fixed in tapestry is to suppress the specific locale (zh_CN) and only allowing local "zh". Of course, this means that our texts will be translated but tapestry's messages won't be. We can make do with this at the moment but it does raise the question of whether or not there is any way to "overwrite" T5s already translated messages? If there is not, can I kindly request this feature because if this had happened with locale "de" or some other important top-level locale we would be in a very, very bad situation right now.

Kind Regards, Wulf

RE: Suppressing t5 translations

Posted by "Wechsung, Wulf" <wu...@sap.com>.
Wow, that was quick. Thanks :)

You can contribute an override message catalog, with overrides of the
affected message keys, to the ComponentMessagesSource service.

--
Howard M. Lewis Ship

Creator of Apache Tapestry

(971) 678-5210