Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by mike topper <mt...@riseup.net> on 2007/05/09 15:29:25 UTC

adjusting score slightly by date field

Hello,

In our application there are a lot of old records that we still want in
our index but would like for them to be scored lower than some newer
records.

Is it possible for a date field to weigh in on the score slightly in
some way?  Or if not is there another way to push up newer records in
the order of results while still maintaining the scoring?

-Mike

Re: adjusting score slightly by date field

Posted by Yonik Seeley <yo...@apache.org>.
On 5/9/07, mike topper <mt...@riseup.net> wrote:
> Is it possible for a date field to weigh in on the score slightly in
> some way?  Or if not is there another way to push up newer records in
> the order of results while still maintaining the scoring?

Still under construction, but see the relevancy faq:
http://wiki.apache.org/solr/SolrRelevancyFAQ
"How can I boost the score of newer documents"

-Yonik