Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Vinicius <cv...@terra.com.br> on 2005/04/30 23:26:28 UTC

How to use jakarta-tomcat-5.5.9-admin.tar.gz ?

Hello,

I have installed Tomcat 5.5.9 on a GNU/Linux distribution and I would
like to use the Administration page. How to setup that, please?

TIA,
Vinicius.

P.S.: _I'm glad to meet you_.

Re: How to use jakarta-tomcat-5.5.9-admin.tar.gz ?

Posted by Vinicius <cv...@terra.com.br>.
luke@chipcity.com.au escreveu:

>Hi,
>30Apr2005 @ 18:26 Vinicius thusly spake
>

>>I have installed Tomcat 5.5.9 on a GNU/Linux distribution and I would
>>like to use the Administration page. How to setup that, please?
>>

>untar/zip the admin.tar.gz file,
>1. place the conf/Catalina/localhost/admin.xml from the unpacked bundle
>into the conf/Catalina/localhost/ directory of your tomcat installation
>2. place the admin directory from the unpacked bundle
>into the server/webapps directory of your tomcat installation
>
>hth,
>
>Luke

Yes, I did do this, did put the role "admin" to an user, and used that
one to logon at the administration page.
Now it's working fine.

Thanks,
Vinicius.

Re: How to use jakarta-tomcat-5.5.9-admin.tar.gz ?

Posted by lu...@chipcity.com.au.

--