Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by rh...@telerama.com on 2002/08/29 19:50:28 UTC

(newbie)white text on black across whole page.

Read through a lot of stuff, but now I want to really do this, go from
theory to practice.

I have section headers that are one line long (examples "Section 1",
"Section 2", etc.)

I want these to be displayed as white text, on a black background.
Although the text may only span part way across the whole page, I want the
black background to span the entire page.

I think I can achieve this with a table, with a td with the appropriate
attributes.  Can anyone reassure me that this is the right approach?

Thanks!

Re: (newbie)white text on black across whole page.

Posted by Rodent of Unusual Size <Ke...@Golux.Com>.
rhodespc@telerama.com wrote:

> I want these to be displayed as white text, on a black background.
> Although the text may only span part way across the whole page, I
> want the black background to span the entire page.

>From the simple.fo file, I think that

<fo:block color="white" background-color="black">Section 1</fo:block>

will do it..?
--
#ken	P-)}

"Millennium hand and shrimp!"

Re: (newbie)white text on black across whole page.

Posted by "J.Pietschmann" <j3...@yahoo.de>.
rhodespc@telerama.com wrote:
> Read through a lot of stuff, but now I want to really do this, go from
> theory to practice.
>
> I have section headers that are one line long (examples "Section 1",
> "Section 2", etc.)
>
> I want these to be displayed as white text, on a black background.
> Although the text may only span part way across the whole page, I want the
> black background to span the entire page.

I'd try setting a black background-color on the region-body,
(may require a CVS checkout) or a black background picture.

J.Pietschmann