Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Karen Schaper <ka...@gmail.com> on 2012/08/30 16:54:11 UTC

Datatables with Expandable rows

Hi All,

I am looking to create a datatable that has an expandable rows so that
the user can view more information about that row.

Basically the user would click a + sign on the row and it would expand.

I found this datatable plugin to jquery that does it..

http://datatables.net/blog/Drill-down_rows

But I'm not sure how they are getting the data to display and it doesn't
seem like it would work for me.  The data needs to be in these javascipt
arrays.

Has anyone implemented anything similar in Wicket?

Thanks in advance for any insight.  I would really appreciate it!

Regards,

Karen

Re: Datatables with Expandable rows

Posted by schaperk <Ka...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for your response Martin.

I've been using wicket for a while but have pretty much used the standard
components.

This sounds way over my head.

So I would subclass the DataTable class?

Are there any examples out on the internet of this?  I looked but haven't
found any.

Just to clarify what I am looking to do.

I want a table of rows of data where the user can click on an image on a row
and that row will expand showing maybe another panel below it.

Re: Datatables with Expandable rows

Posted by Martin Grigorov <mg...@apache.org>.
Hi,

On Thu, Aug 30, 2012 at 7:15 PM, schaperk <Ka...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks Paul for your reply.
>
> I'm not sure I am following.. I could have a button/link in each row of my
> table and when the user's clicks the button it would add something to the
> model and this would expand the row?
>
> I want to be able to click the button and see additional rows below the row
> I clicked.

I've done something like this before.
A custom table with a body component that has markup like:

When the user clicks on the ajax link (add) then create a new instance
of this body component, load some data for the its tbody and replace
the old tfoot (footer) with the new component.
I.e. replace the footer with a new body+footer.

> I haven't used this forum in a while..Where do I find attached screen shots?
> I don't see any?

Martin Grigorov
jWeekend
Training, Consulting, Development
http://jWeekend.com

RE: Datatables with Expandable rows

Posted by Paul Bors <pa...@bors.ws>.
Wicket is using the MVC design pattern, so just create an "Add" button/link
and add something to the model (I recommend as the first object in the
list).
I implemented this couple of times and I use labels that turn to form fields
(read/edit) toggle mode.

See attached screenshots for an example :)

~ Thank you,
  Paul Bors