Posted to slide-dev@jakarta.apache.org by Jean-Philippe Courson <co...@noos.fr> on 2002/05/14 13:44:33 UTC

[VOTE] Content and ContentInterceptor API changes

I am working on a UserQuotaContentInterceptor to add support for
user-quotas to Slide using ContentInterceptor API.

To be able to achieve this, I need to add to Slide the ability
to notify clients that their quota has been exhausted (507 http
status code).

As Remy suggested, I added InsufficientStorageException to content
package that is thrown by UserQuotaContentInterceptor in such cases.

To integrate my work into Slide, I would need to modify
ContentInterceptor and Content interface to allow some of their methods
to throw this InsufficientStorageException :

For ContentInterceptor interface, methods :

void preStoreContent(SlideToken token,
                         NodeRevisionDescriptors revisionDescriptors,
                         NodeRevisionDescriptor revisionDescriptor,
                         NodeRevisionContent revisionContent)
public void postStoreContent(SlideToken token,
                         NodeRevisionDescriptors revisionDescriptors,
                         NodeRevisionDescriptor revisionDescriptor,
                         NodeRevisionContent revisionContent)

For Content interface, methods :

void create(SlideToken token, String strUri,
                NodeRevisionDescriptor revisionDescriptor,
                NodeRevisionContent revisionContent)
void create(SlideToken token, String strUri, String branch,
                NodeRevisionDescriptor newRevisionDescriptor,
                NodeRevisionContent revisionContent)
void fork(SlideToken token, String strUri, String branchName,
                NodeRevisionDescriptor basedOnRevisionDescriptor)
void fork(SlideToken token, String strUri, String branchName,
                NodeRevisionNumber basedOnRevisionNumber)
void merge(SlideToken token, String strUri,
                NodeRevisionDescriptor mainBranch,
                NodeRevisionDescriptor branch,
                NodeRevisionDescriptor newRevisionDescriptor,
                NodeRevisionContent revisionContent)
void merge(SlideToken token, String strUri,
                String mainBranch, String branch,
                NodeRevisionDescriptor newRevisionDescriptor,
                NodeRevisionContent revisionContent)
void store(SlideToken token, String strUri,
                NodeRevisionDescriptor revisionDescriptor,
                NodeRevisionContent revisionContent)

As I think these changes qualify as API changes, I call for a vote to
determine agreement/objections, both for SLIDE_1_0 and HEAD branches.

I have already written (and tested) patches for these changes on
SLIDE_1_0 branch as well as UserQuotaContentInterceptor.

If you want to have a look on them, you will find them enclosed.

Apologies in advance if I've missed some formal conventions on votes.

1. Add InsufficientStorageException to content package.
        [ ] +1.  I agree with the change.
        [ ] +0.  I don't care.
        [ ] -1.  I don't agree, because:

2. Allow the above stated methods of ContentInterceptor interface to
    throw InsufficientStorageException into HEAD branch.
        [ ] +1.  I agree with the change.
        [ ] +0.  I don't care.
        [ ] -1.  I don't agree, because:

3. Allow the above stated methods of Content interface to throw
    InsufficientStorageException into HEAD branch.
        [ ] +1.  I agree with the change.
        [ ] +0.  I don't care.
        [ ] -1.  I don't agree, because:

4. Allow the above stated methods of ContentInterceptor interface to
    throw InsufficientStorageException into SLIDE_1_0 branch.
        [ ] +1.  I agree with the change.
        [ ] +0.  I don't care.
        [ ] -1.  I don't agree, because:

5. Allow the above stated methods of Content interface to throw
    InsufficientStorageException into SLIDE_1_0 branch.
        [ ] +1.  I agree with the change.
        [ ] +0.  I don't care.
        [ ] -1.  I don't agree, because:

Regards