Posted to users@directory.apache.org by erdem ustun <er...@yahoo.com> on 2007/07/14 13:42:34 UTC

apached 1.5 does not work

hi I downloaded apache directory server apacheds 1.5
,installed win2003 enterprise server.while installing
no errors.
and then I want to start apacheds at services but
could not.
 I saw logs fie are below .I searched but no more
information what could I do.

I have tried to solve problem since 2 weeks ,colud not
please give me suggestion.
best regards..
************
18:24:56] ERROR
[org.apache.directory.daemon.Bootstrapper] - Failed on
org.apache.directory.server.Service.init(InstallationLayout,
String[])
javax.naming.NamingException [Root exception is
javax.naming.NamingException: OID for name
'ditContentRules' was not found within the OID
registry]
at
org.apache.directory.server.core.DefaultDirectoryService.initialize(DefaultDirectoryService.java:801)
at
org.apache.directory.server.core.DefaultDirectoryService.startup(DefaultDirectoryService.java:254)
at
org.apache.directory.server.core.jndi.AbstractContextFactory.getInitialContext(AbstractContextFactory.java:118)
at
javax.naming.spi.NamingManager.getInitialContext(Unknown
Source)
at
javax.naming.InitialContext.getDefaultInitCtx(Unknown
Source)
at javax.naming.InitialContext.init(Unknown Source)
at javax.naming.InitialContext.(Unknown Source)
at javax.naming.directory.InitialDirContext.(Unknown
Source)
at
org.apache.directory.server.Service.init(Service.java:96)
at
org.apache.directory.daemon.Bootstrapper.callInit(Bootstrapper.java:151)
at
org.apache.directory.daemon.ProcrunBootstrapper.prunsrvStart(ProcrunBootstrapper.java:65)
Caused by: javax.naming.NamingException: OID for name
'ditContentRules' was not found within the OID
registry
at
org.apache.directory.server.schema.registries.DefaultOidRegistry.getOid(DefaultOidRegistry.java:104)
at
org.apache.directory.server.schema.registries.DefaultAttributeTypeRegistry.lookup(DefaultAttributeTypeRegistry.java:152)
at
org.apache.directory.server.schema.bootstrap.AbstractBootstrapProducer$BootstrapObjectClass.getMayList(AbstractBootstrapProducer.java:521)
at
org.apache.directory.server.schema.registries.DefaultRegistries.resolve(DefaultRegistries.java:448)
at
org.apache.directory.server.schema.registries.DefaultRegistries.checkRefInteg(DefaultRegistries.java:187)
at
org.apache.directory.server.core.DefaultDirectoryService.initialize(DefaultDirectoryService.java:798)
... 10 more
*********

Yahoo! kullaniyor musunuz?  http://tr.mail.yahoo.com
Istenmeyen postadan biktiniz mi? Istenmeyen postadan en iyi korunma
Yahoo! Posta'da

Re: apached 1.5 does not work

Posted by Markus Pohle <ap...@webunity.de>.
Hi Erdem,

you already asked that on July, 12th. and I answered your email an July,
13th. So, here is again, what I wrote to you... maybe you can answer
that questions and we will try to find out why apacheds will not start
on your windows 2003 server.

the questions:

- did you use the apacheds-1.5.0 download version to install or did you
build from trunks yourself?
- did you modify the server.xml? if yes, send it to me, and i will check
- did you try to create your own partition? custom schema?
- what java version do you use?

the error message below says that ditContentRules is not a known object
class within apacheds. so you tried to create an object of that class?
by import? using a ldif file exported from another ldap server?

tried to start the apachds server with unmodified server.xml right after
installation and tried to connect? was that successful?

greets
Markus