Posted to log4net-user@logging.apache.org by Jon Finley <jd...@gksys.com> on 2005/09/21 14:53:06 UTC

Custom Layout and .Net Compact Framework

Hi all,

I have a custom layout in a separate assembly (log4net.Ext.GSI.dll -
namespace is log4net.Ext.GSI).  I have this running correctly on the full
framework.  Now that I have ported it to the Compact Framework I am getting
some errors:

"log4net:ERROR XmlHierarchyConfigurator: Failed to find type
[log4net.Ext.GSI.GSIEventLayout, log4net.Ext.GSI]"
"System.TypeLoadException:log4net.Ext.GSI.GSIEventLayout, log4net.Ext.GSI"
"log4net:ERROR XmlHierarchyConfigurator: Failed to create object to set
param: layout"

My config is:

<appender name="RollingLogFileAppender2"
    <param name="File" value="Test1-log2.txt" />
    <param name="AppendToFile" value="true" />
    <param name="MaxSizeRollBackups" value="5" />
    <param name="MaximumFileSize" value="2MB" />
    <param name="RollingStyle" value="Size" />
    <param name="StaticLogFileName" value="true" />
    <layout type="log4net.Ext.GSI.GSIEventLayout, log4net.Ext.GSI" />
</appender>

I believe log4net on the compact framework is unable to find the
log4net.Ext.GSI assembly (on the device, this assembly is located in the
same folder as the executable).

I don't see any configuration differences between the FF and CF in the docs.
Anyone have any suggestions or places to look?

FYI: logging functions correctly on the device using a built-in layout
(PatternLayout).

Thanks,

Jon
P.S.  My apologies for the non-related post to the list the other day - a
slip of the keys and too quick on the carriage return.....  :-(

RE: Custom Layout and .Net Compact Framework

Posted by Jon Finley <jd...@gksys.com>.
Please disregard - found the problem....

I had an old, incorrectly named assembly in the mix..

Jon

  _____