Posted to torque-user@db.apache.org by Jan Marten Visser <ja...@virgil.nl> on 2003/04/01 12:33:13 UTC

Re: Torque project references, stability, reliability

This is interesting. I am especially interested in the reason for not
going with EJB's.
I am doing a little project so I do not have any experiences with
performace issues.
I am still developing so I cannot comment on long time stability. Only I
can say is
that it never failed me untill now.

I did not use EJB's for two reasons:
- I have no experience with it and did not have the time in this project
to really learn them
- I asked around a lot and came to the conclusion that it is quite a
heavy environment which
  has performance problems if not tuned by someone with considerable
experience. I could not find
  a reason to use EJB's in my small project.

Did anyone else consider EJB's and what were their reasons to use
Torque?