Posted to general@gump.apache.org by Janne Kario <ka...@mermit.fi> on 2003/03/22 16:51:28 UTC

Installed packages and CLASSPATH

I initially has a problem that installed packages defined using

  <project name="log4j" package=""/>

in profile.xml do not show in CLASSPATH when I try to build
everything. I went on to add a module

<module name="log4j">
   <url href="http://jakarta.apache.org/log4j"/>
   <description>
     Log4j
   </description>

   <project name="log4j">
     <home nested=""/>
     <jar name="log4j.jar"/>
   </project>

</module>

and add this module as dependency to our own product. We have a common
directory for third party libraries /u/opt/libs/ where we put all our
third party libraries. The problem is that there is no way for me to
point to /u/opt/libs/log4j.jar from this module definition because
everything is relative.

How about having absolute attribute for home element so that I could
have <home absolute="/u/opt/libs"/> ?

How do I get installed packages to show in CLASSPATH?

* Janne Kario