Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Russ Brucks <Ru...@kfoc.net> on 2003/11/24 19:12:27 UTC

RE: Antw: [users@httpd] Page displayed only after all content is loaded?

Disabled CGI to no effect.  It still processes the entire request before
displaying anything to the browser, whether that be IE or Mozilla.  Perhaps
it is PHP, but I stepped through the php.ini file comparing it to the one
from the previous install and everything was the same.  The only thing
different from the previous install is apache2 vs. apache1.3

Any way to verify this is apache and not PHP?

Posted by Robert Andersson <ro...@profundis.nu>.
Robert Andersson wrote:
> See if calling this function helps:
>     http://www.php.net/ob_end_flush

Someone was hasty, Treebeard is upset. This one is probably better:
    http://www.php.net/manual/en/function.flush.php

Regards,
Robert Andersson

Re: Antw: [users@httpd] Page displayed only after all content is loaded?

Posted by Robert Andersson <ro...@profundis.nu>.
Russ Brucks wrote:
> Disabled CGI to no effect.  It still processes the entire request before
> displaying anything to the browser, whether that be IE or Mozilla. [...]
> The only thing different from the previous install is apache2 vs.
apache1.3

I think Apache 2 has output buffering enabled by default, while Apache 1.3
has not.