Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Igor Littig <ig...@gmail.com> on 2013/05/30 21:46:33 UTC

indexing documents

Good day everyone.

I recently faced another problem. I've got a bunch of documents to index.
The problem, that they in the same time database for another application.
These documents stored in JSON format in the following scheme:

  {
  "id": 10,
  "name": "dad 177",
  "cat":[{
  "id":254,
  "name":"124"
  }]
}

When I'm trying to post them, I get the following error:

ERROR org.apache.solr.core.SolrCore  –
org.apache.solr.common.SolrException: Unknown command: id [8]

Is there a way to index these documents without changing  ? How can i
modify the schema or I need to do something else ?

Re: indexing documents

Posted by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com>.
Solr JSON isn't intended to index arbitrary JSON, and especially not
intended to index nested documents. I suspect your issue is that
"cat" has an array of name/value pairs that Solr doesn't understand.

So no, I don't think you can index these docs without putting them into
a form Solr understands.

Best
Erick