Posted to user@ant.apache.org by "Mikael Petterson (KI/EAB)" <mi...@ericsson.com> on 2005/04/28 10:39:28 UTC

check property

Hi,

In my ant build.xml I have a property called:

<property name="xsl.file" value="interface.xsl"/>

This can be changed when I run my build.xml ( from -Dxml.file) when starting ant.

How can I check the value of 'xsl.file' and depending on the value give  another poperty ('pkg') a value

like:

if xsl.file = interface.xsl --> pkg = /se/company/app/interface
if xsl.file = enumeration.xsl --> pkg= /se/company/app/interface

All hints are very much appreciated.

Cheers,

//Mikael

Re: check property

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
On Thu, 28 Apr 2005, Mikael Petterson <mi...@ericsson.com>
wrote:

> In my ant build.xml I have a property called:
>
> <property name="xsl.file" value="interface.xsl"/>
>
> This can be changed when I run my build.xml ( from -Dxml.file) when
> starting ant.
>
> How can I check the value of 'xsl.file' and depending on the value
> give another poperty ('pkg') a value

> if xsl.file = interface.xsl --> pkg = /se/company/app/interface
> if xsl.file = enumeration.xsl --> pkg= /se/company/app/interface

note that your values for pkg are the same ;-)

<condition property="pkg" value="second-line">
  <equals arg1="enumeration.xsl" arg2="${xsl.file}"/>
</condition>
<property name="pkg" value="first-line"/>

You could use a second condition, but since your first line is your
default, you can as well use a default for pkg.

This is the general pattern of conditional properties in Ant, set your
default value last.

Both <condition> and <property> will no override an existing property
and <condition> won't even evaluate the condition if it finds the
property has already been set.

Stefan