Posted to dev@flink.apache.org by Manish G <ma...@gmail.com> on 2020/05/16 11:11:27 UTC

Running individual test files taking too long

Hi,

I am trying to run individual unit test files, and every time it spends
lots of time(almost 4-5 minutes) on some build process, and then I get
error, like this:

Error running 'FlinkKafkaConsumerBaseTest': Command line is too long

I recently switched from IntelliJ Ulimate to CE. Can that be the cause?

With regards
Manish

Re: Running individual test files taking too long

Posted by Chesnay Schepler <ch...@apache.org>.
When IntelliJ runs a test it executes a new java process and passes the
required class path as a semi-colon created list. The class path
contains the absolute path to various jars in your maven .m2 repository.
Depending on what this path is, that command might become quite long,
enough to no longer work on some operating systems.

Have you tried using the "shorten command line" option under run -> edit
configurations?