Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Eric SCHAEFFER <es...@posterconseil.com> on 2000/03/10 13:59:56 UTC

importing a org.w3c.dom.Document in another one

Hi,

I parse a file to create a DOM represention of its data (I don't use Xerces
because it's not an XML file).
But if I create a Document instance, I can't insert it in another Document
(I've got a wrong document error when I try to call the appendChild method).

How can I do this ?

Thank's
Eric.

_______________________________________

Eric SCHAEFFER
eschaeffer@posterconseil.com

POSTER CONSEIL
118 rue de Tocqueville
75017 PARIS
FRANCE
Tel. : 33-140541058
Fax : 33-140541059
_______________________________________

-----------------------------
-----------------------------------
http://ApacheCon.Com ------------------------------------

Re: importing a org.w3c.dom.Document in another one

Posted by Eric SCHAEFFER <es...@posterconseil.com>.
Thank's, works great !

PS:

You meant
   myElement.appendChild(
       org.apache.cocoon.processor.xsp.XSPUtil.cloneNode(
         otherDocument.getDocumentElement(),
         myElement.getOwnerDocument()
        )
   );

Posted by Ricardo Rocha <ri...@apache.org>.
On Fri, 10 Mar 2000, Eric wrote:
> I parse a file to create a DOM represention of its data (I don't use Xerces
> because it's not an XML file).
> But if I create a Document instance, I can't insert it in another Document
> (I've got a wrong document error when I try to call the appendChild method).
> How can I do this ?

Use