Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "McClure, Timothy J(IndSys, GE Interlogix)" <Ti...@ge.com> on 2003/04/17 16:35:08 UTC

Limiting keep-alive connections based on time or number of messages

Does Tomcat limit keep-alive connections based on time or number of messages?  We have an application that pings Tomcat on a keep-alive connection every 5 seconds yet we experience Tomcat dropping the TCP/IP connection periodically.  Is this done to prevent denial of service attacks?  We would greatly appreciate any help in understanding what is going on.

Tim McClure