Posted to dev@struts.apache.org by Musachy Barroso <mu...@gmail.com> on 2008/12/25 21:37:25 UTC

release attempts

After a few bumps on the road I got to the point to deploy the
artifacts to the staging repo. The deployment starts fine and copies
some artifact, but it never ends, it randomly drops the connection and
fails with errors like:

"Error deploying artifact: Authentication failed: Cannot connect.
Reason: Session.connect: java.net.SocketTimeoutException: Read timed
out",

or:

" Error installing artifact's metadata: Error while deploying
metadata: Error occured while deploying
'org/apache/struts/struts2-plugins/maven-metadata.xml' to remote
repository: scp://people.apache.org/www/people.apache.org/builds/struts/2.1.3/m2-staging-repository:
session is down"

I am out of ideas :(

musachy

Re: release attempts

Posted by Musachy Barroso <mu...@gmail.com>.
It was something with my connection after all, but that's what we have
company VPN for ;). The files are up in the staging repo:

http://people.apache.org/builds/struts/2.1.3/

please take a look at them before proceeding with the vote and stuff.
Things I have noticed so far:
* The zip files need renaming from struts2-assembly-* to struts2-$1
(that's in assembly/ somewhere right?)
* Remove http://people.apache.org/builds/struts/2.1.3/m2-staging-repository/org/apache/struts/struts2-assembly/
before copying to m2-ibiblio-rsync-repository

regards
//and happy holidays to you all
musachy