Posted to dev@rave.apache.org by "Franklin, Matthew B." <mf...@mitre.org> on 2011/08/31 00:24:13 UTC

[DISCUSS] Apache Rave 0.3-incubating Release Candidate

Discussion thread for vote on 0.3-incubating release candidate.

For more information on the release process, checkout -
http://www.apache.org/dev/release.html
http://incubator.apache.org/guides/releasemanagement.html

Some of the things to check before voting are:
- can you run the demo binaries
- can you build the contents of source-release.zip and svn tag
- do all of the staged jars/zips contain the required LICENSE, NOTICE and DISCLAIMER files
- are all of the staged jars signed and the signature verifiable
- is the signing key in the project's KEYS file and on a public server

Re: [DISCUSS] Apache Rave 0.3-incubating Release Candidate

Posted by Ate Douma <at...@douma.nu>.
On 08/31/2011 12:24 AM, Franklin, Matthew B. wrote:
> Discussion thread for vote on 0.3-incubating release candidate.
>
> For more information on the release process, checkout -
> http://www.apache.org/dev/release.html
> http://incubator.apache.org/guides/releasemanagement.html
>
> Some of the things to check before voting are:
> - can you run the demo binaries
yes
> - can you build the contents of source-release.zip and svn tag
yes (note: you need to build from both source-release.zips, master and project).

> - do all of the staged jars/zips contain the required LICENSE, NOTICE and DISCLAIMER files
yes

I noticed the LICENSE file embedded in the rave-portal war turned out to be not
encoded in UTF-8 but ISO-8859 while all other resources are (and should) be UTF-8.
This is only a minor nit. I fixed this already (took me 2 attempts) in trunk so
for future releases it is fine right now.

> - are all of the staged jars signed and the signature verifiable
yes
> - is the signing key in the project's KEYS file and on a public server
yes

Good work Matt, a clean and complete release!