Posted to log4php-dev@logging.apache.org by Ivan Habunek <ih...@apache.org> on 2011/06/26 12:18:26 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache log4php 2.1.0

Dear all,

It is my pleasure to announce the first release candidate for Apache
log4php 2.1.0.

Significant changes in this release include:
  * a new logging level: trace
  * a new appender: MongoDB (thanks to Vladimir Gorej)
  * a plethora of bugfixes and other code improvements
  * most of the site docs have been rewritten to make log4php more
accessible to users

Apache log4php 2.1.0 RC1 is available for review here:
  * http://people.apache.org/builds/logging/log4php/2.1.0/RC1/

The tag for this release is available here:
  * http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/logging/log4php/tags/apache-log4php-2.1.0/

According to the process, please vote with:
[ ] +1 Yes go ahead and release the artifacts
[ ] -1 No, because...

Best regards,
Ivan

Fwd: [VOTE] Release Apache log4php 2.1.0

Posted by Christian Grobmeier <gr...@gmail.com>.
PMCs -

we are currently voting on the next log4php release (see below).
Please take yourself a few minutes and participate in the vote.

I am - unfortunately - the only PMC involved in log4php, so we need your voices

Cheers
Christian

--
http://www.grobmeier.de

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache log4php 2.1.0

Posted by Ivan Habunek <iv...@gmail.com>.
On 27 June 2011 13:45, Christian Grobmeier <gr...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> I agree about the site. I'll put it up ASAP.
>
> cool

The web for 2.1.0-RC1 can be found here:
http://people.apache.org/~ihabunek/apache-log4php-2.1.0-RC1/site/

The issue with the version number in api docs has been corrected.

Regards,
Ivan

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache log4php 2.1.0

Posted by Christian Grobmeier <gr...@gmail.com>.
> OK, I'll take care of it. Should we wait a bit to see if other PMCs
> have any remarks before generating RC2?

I don't think you need to wait. I guess people are happy when they
have to vote only once. I also think that the rest is really fine, so
if you have some time, go for it.

> I agree about the site. I'll put it up ASAP.

cool

> BTW, I'm updating the release plan from the wiki as I go through it.
> I'm doing the changes locally, and will update the wiki when it's
> done.

Great, thanks for taking care!

Cheers
Christian

Posted by Ivan Habunek <iv...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Christian Grobmeier <gr...@gmail.com>.
md5/sigs are all fine

Posted by Vladimir Gorej <bi...@gmail.com>.
On 06/26/2011 12:18 PM, Ivan Habunek wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> It is my pleasure to announce the first release candidate for Apache
> log4php 2.1.0.
>
> Significant changes in this release include:
>    * a new logging level: trace
>    * a new appender: MongoDB (thanks to Vladimir Gorej)
>    * a plethora of bugfixes and other code improvements
>    * most of the site docs have been rewritten to make log4php more
> accessible to users
>
> Apache log4php 2.1.0 RC1 is available for review here:
>    * http://people.apache.org/builds/logging/log4php/2.1.0/RC1/
>
> The tag for this release is available here:
>    * http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/logging/log4php/tags/apache-log4php-2.1.0/
>
> According to the process, please vote with:
> [ ] +1 Yes go ahead and release the artifacts
> [ ] -1 No, because...
>
> Best regards,
> Ivan
Hello All,