Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by "Tubbs, Derric L" <De...@West.Boeing.com> on 2000/08/14 18:07:46 UTC

proxy authentication

I've rolled my own mod_perl authentication handler using basic
authentication.  It works fine (AFAIK).  It's been in place and working for
non-proxied areas of the site for several months.  I am trying to proxy
another web site at my location via ProxyPass directives but IE 5 keeps
crashing on it (figures) and Netscape gives the old "Proxy Authentication
Required", but both only if I try to go straight to the proxied site.  If I
first login to my site, and then go to the proxied area it works fine.  Any
ideas?  Do you need more info?  Thanks

Apache/1.3.6 (Unix) mod_perl/1.21

Derric L. Tubbs
CITIS Administrator