Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Marc Labbe <mr...@gmail.com> on 2015/03/13 14:45:15 UTC

Log cleaner patch (KAFKA-1641) on 0.8.2.1

Hello,

we're often seeing log cleaner exceptions reported in KAFKA-1641 and I'd
like to know if it's safe to apply the patch from that issue resolution to
0.8.2.1?

Reference: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/KAFKA-1641

Also there are 2 patches in there, I suppose I should be using only the
latest of the two.

thanks!
marc

Re: Log cleaner patch (KAFKA-1641) on 0.8.2.1

Posted by Mayuresh Gharat <gh...@gmail.com>.
I suppose that the patch for KAFKA-1641 had a fix for this issue.
Also it might be worth looking at Kafka-1755.

Thanks,

Mayuresh

--
-Regards,
Mayuresh R. Gharat

Re: Log cleaner patch (KAFKA-1641) on 0.8.2.1

Posted by Marc Labbe <mr...@gmail.com>.
So far no. It happens periodically and seems to resolve when we restart the
broker (only to eventually reappear). There are a couple of things I need
to get out of the way in our setup first but I'll see what I can do to
reproduce it.

We had a couple of bad shutdowns performed and brokers restarted quickly
after that. Then, because of bad shutdown it takes a while to recover
unflushed segments.

My original question was to know if I should apply KAFKA-1641 patch to
0.8.2.1 release tag and if  it was safe to do it. Any recommendation (other
than I will obviously upgrade to 0.8.2.1).

Posted by Joel Koshy <jj...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jun Rao <ju...@confluent.io>.

Posted by Marc Labbe <mr...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jun Rao <ju...@confluent.io>.