Posted to users@groovy.apache.org by Tommy Svensson <to...@natusoft.se> on 2019/08/13 18:06:04 UTC

Does 3.0.0-beta-3 have modularization support ?

Hello,

I was under the impression that the 3.0* version branch of Groovy was supporting Java 9+ modularisation. Is that incorrect ?

module-info.groovy is not recognised and I find nothing about modularisation in the docs.

Googling on this has not helped either.

Any information is appreciated.

Thanks,
Tommy

Re: Does 3.0.0-beta-3 have modularization support ?

Posted by Tommy Svensson <to...@natusoft.se>.
OK, I see.

Thank you!

/Tommy

Från: Daniel.Sun <su...@apache.org>
Svara: users@groovy.apache.org <us...@groovy.apache.org>
Datum: 14 augusti 2019 at 06:00:30
Till: users@groovy.incubator.apache.org <us...@groovy.incubator.apache.org>
Ämne:  Re: Does 3.0.0-beta-3 have modularization support ?

Groovy 3 has not been modularized, modularization is targeted to Groovy
4(alpha will be released soon).

Support writing module-info file in Groovy is in our TODO list.

Groovy 3 eliminates most of illegal access warnings generated by Java9+.

Cheers,
Daniel.Sun

-----
Apache Groovy committer & PMC member
Blog: http://blog.sunlan.me
Twitter: @daniel_sun

Re: Does 3.0.0-beta-3 have modularization support ?

Posted by Tommy Svensson <to...@natusoft.se>.
Hmm …

src/
    main/
        /groovy
            Something.groovy
            …
src/
    main/
        /java
            module-info.java

Seems to work! Is that how you are supposed to do it ? Is it maybe not worth the effort to provide a module-info.groovy ?

Thanks,
Tommy