Posted to dev@myfaces.apache.org by Sean Schofield <se...@gmail.com> on 2006/04/22 03:50:01 UTC

New Branch and Release Candidate: MyFaces Core 1.1.3

I created a core branch off the latest trunk.  There is at least one
major issue that has been fixed in the core that is needed for tree2
to work properly.  Also, due to the long period of time that the core
was branched there have been a lot of changes that should be included.

I posted a RC here: http://cvs.apache.org/builds/myfaces/release/

Note that this is no longer in the nightly dir.  Instead of confusing
users with multiple versions I'm going to start putting the release
candidates here.

I will post to the TCK list so we can get started on this.

Sean

Re: New Branch and Release Candidate: MyFaces Core 1.1.3

Posted by Sean Schofield <se...@gmail.com>.
Yes hopefully we can push the core release out soon.

@Mike: I propose we release the core trunk instead of messing around
with a patch release.  The stuff we need is already on the trunk and
hopefully we won't have too many tck issues.

I also think we can finish voting on the tomahawk release and prepare
it (change snapshot version, add release notes, jira cleanup, etc.)
but actually hold off on the formal release until the new core is
ready.  (In retrospect we should have done this with the old core to
prevent the current compatability issues.)

Anyways, I am optimistic that core can be pushed out in a few days.

Sean

Posted by Werner Punz <we...@gmx.at>.