Posted to users@pulsar.apache.org by John Morrow <jo...@hotmail.com> on 2020/10/06 17:43:11 UTC

Pulsar Flink Connector

Hi Pulsar Users,

I'm trying to get pulsar & flink working together. I read on the pulsar blog about version 2.5.0 of the pulsar-flink connector being released:

https://streamnative.io/blog/release/2020-09-17-pulsar-flink-connector-250

...but when I look on https://dl.bintray.com/streamnative/maven/io/streamnative/connectors/pulsar-flink-connector_2.12/ the latest version I see is 2.4.28.1 and I don't see RecordSchemaType in that jar which is mentioned in the README.md and referenced in https://github.com/streamnative/pulsar-flink/pull/116/files

A few questions:

  *   Is there a 2.5.x version of the pulsar-flink-connector somewhere else I should be using?
  *   Are there a new equivalent of the old pulsar-flink examples at https://github.com/apache/pulsar/tree/master/pulsar-flink using the new connector?
  *   If I want to send a string to a FlinkPulsarSink, do I need to create a POJO with a string field, or is it possible to do something like this with String.class? - trying this gives me an error in FlinkPulsarSinkBase.uploadSchema() -> FlinkPulsarSink.getPulsarSchema() -> return Schema.AVRO(java.lang.String)

                stream.addSink(new FlinkPulsarSink<>(
                                brokerServiceUrl,
                                adminServiceUrl,
                                Optional.of(outputTopic),