Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Jonathan Asbell <ja...@i-2000.com> on 2001/06/10 21:39:28 UTC

Missing configuration resource for path /WEB-INF/struts-config.xml

I am not sure why all of a sudden I am getting this Exception on startup
Call org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.addServletMapping(action/java.lang.String,*.do/java.lang.String)
javax.servlet.UnavailableException: Missing configuration resource for path /WEB-INF/struts-config.xml
        at org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.initMapping(ActionServlet.java:1316)
        at org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.init(ActionServlet.java:465)
        at javax.servlet.GenericServlet.init(GenericServlet.java:258)

 If you see the ActionServlet code below, I am getting "/WEB-INF/struts-config.xml" as the value for the handle "value", yet  am getting null for the value of the handle "input".  For some reason it is unable to get the "/WEB-INF/struts-config.xml" resource as a stream

 // Initialize the context-relative path to our configuration resources
 value = getServletConfig().getInitParameter("config");
 if (value != null)
     config = value;
 if (debug >= 1)
     log(internal.getMessage("configInit", config));

 // Acquire an input stream to our configuration resource
 InputStream input = getServletContext().getResourceAsStream(config);
 if (input == null)
     throw new UnavailableException
  (internal.getMessage("configMissing", config));