Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by yuliya Feldman <yu...@yahoo.com> on 2010/10/08 03:41:31 UTC

Question regarding regions move/assignement

Hello here,

I have a question regarding HBase data locality in respect to HDFS data nodes.
As far as I understand regions created by region servers will happen to be
physically created on local Data Node if RegionServer happen to run on one.

I had an issue with writing to Meta table and my table "dissapeared" from list
of tables. After I restarted hbase everything went back to normal, but regions
got reassigned to different region servers they were originally created.

How this "(re)assignment" mechanism actually works?

I am using hbase 0.20.4 at the moment.

Thanks

Re: Question regarding regions move/assignement

Posted by Jean-Daniel Cryans <jd...@apache.org>.
Yes, it does, until compactions happen.

J-D

Posted by yuliya Feldman <yu...@yahoo.com>.