Posted to dev@struts.apache.org by Rapheal Kaplan <ra...@mimir.net> on 2001/05/31 05:48:49 UTC

String indexed bean fields

	Has anyone thought about allowing for string based indexed fields (even
though they do not fit in to the Java spec)?

	For example:

	<logic:write name="user" property="email{home}"/>

		would call:

	user.getEmail( "home" );

		- Rapheal Kaplan

Re: String indexed bean fields

Posted by Ted Husted <hu...@apache.org>.
So, would this then give us access to things like RowSet objects which
have accessors like getString(1) ?

Posted by "Craig R. McClanahan" <cr...@apache.org>.
On Wed, 30 May 2001, Rapheal Kaplan wrote:

> 	Has anyone thought about allowing for string based indexed fields (even
> though they do not fit in to the Java spec)?
>
> 	For example:
>
> 	<logic:write name="user" property="email{home}"/>
>
> 		would call:
>
> 	user.getEmail( "home" );
>

> 		- Rapheal Kaplan

Yep.  Something like this is part of the enhancements I see in Struts 1.1.

Craig