Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by rm...@hushmail.com on 2015/07/09 20:12:51 UTC

most current 'Base' documentation (Version 4.??)

Gentlemen,

I will be relearning OpenOffice 'Base' starting in the near future. I
first learned it at the end of 2007. It is superb code. I will only be
using 'Ubuntu' as our operating system. I will only be working with
HP. They have the right stuff. Harvard is plugged in. So is everyone
else.

In order to relearn, I need to know what every icon in 'Base' does. I
can't find it in your documentation. To make things work for Medical
use, I need the most current documentation. You should note that I
will be making huge use of the University of Chicago's SPSS. There are
many international clients waiting impatiently. The two packages have
to understand each other. They didn't back then.

I have huge respect for your work. I would appreciate having the
documentation close at hand. It works. It is sorely needed.

-Ross M. Harley

Re: most current 'Base' documentation (Version 4.??)

Posted by JZA <ac...@gmail.com>.
please download the Base book from the documentation on the wiki, there are
also commercial books that talk about base, both as users
and programmatically.
http://www.openoffice.org/documentation/manuals/userguide3/0108GS3-GettingStartedWithBase.pdf
Showmedo has a great series of videotutorials about base:
http://showmedo.com/videotutorials/series?name=axggl6j0a

--
Alexandro Colorado
Apache OpenOffice Contributor