Posted to user@spark.apache.org by Sagi r <st...@gmail.com> on 2015/08/16 09:44:44 UTC

Spark hangs on collect (stuck on scheduler delay)

Hi,
I'm building a spark application in which I load some data from an
Elasticsearch cluster (using latest elasticsearch-hadoop connector) and
continue to perform some calculations on the spark cluster.

In one case, I use collect on the RDD as soon as it is created (loaded from
ES).
However, it is sometimes hangs on one (and sometimes more) node and doesn't
continue.
In the web UI, I can see that one node is stuck on scheduler delay and
prevents from the job to continue,
(while others have finished).

Do you have any idea what is going on here?

The data that is being loaded is fairly small, and only gets mapped once to
domain objects before being collected.

Thank you

Re: Spark hangs on collect (stuck on scheduler delay)

Posted by Akhil Das <ak...@sigmoidanalytics.com>.
You need to debug further and figure out the bottle neck. Why are you doing
a collect? If the dataset is too huge that will mostly hung the driver
machine. It would be good if you can paste the sample code, without that
its really hard to understand the flow of your program.

Thanks
Best Regards