Posted to users@felix.apache.org by "Moloney, Tim M" <Ti...@ManTech.com> on 2009/05/06 15:28:53 UTC

Karaf Users' Guide problems

I've found many problems with the new Karaf web pages, mostly broken
links. I would have created a patch file but it doesn't appear that the
web pages are
in subversion.  If this is something that I can fix/submit a patch, let
me know how.

1-quick-start
  - "SMX4KNL:#top" is a bad link at the end of the "Start the server"
section

2-overview
  - "SMX4KNL:#top" is a bad link at the bottom of the page

3-installation
  - In the section list at the top,
    - "Windows Developers' Release" is a bad link
    - "Unix Developers' Release" is a bad link
    - Are these due to the apostrophe?
  - Windows Binary Installation section
    - "SMX4KNL:#Starting ServiceMix kernel" is a bad link
    - "ServiceMix kernel" should be "Karaf" in above
    - "SMX4KNL:#Testing the Installation" is a bad link
  - Windows Source Installation section
    - "SMX4KNL:#Starting Karaf" is a bad link
    - "SMX4KNL:#Testing the Installation" is a bad link
  - Windows Developers' Release section
    - "SMX4KNL:#Starting Karaf" is a bad link
    - "SMX4KNL:#Windows Source Installation" is a bad link
    - "SMX4KNL:#Starting Karaf" is a bad link
    - "SMX4KNL:#Testing the Installation" is a bad link
  - Unix Binary Installation section
    - "SMX4KNL:#Starting Karaf" is a bad link
    - "SMX4KNL:#Testing the Installation" is a bad link
  - Unix Source Installation section
    - "SMX4KNL:#Unix Binary Installation" is a bad link
    - "SMX4KNL:#Starting Karaf" is a bad link
    - "SMX4KNL:#Testing the Installation" is a bad link
  - Unix Developers' Release section
    - "SMX4KNL:#Starting Karaf" is a bad link
    - "SMX4KNL:#Unix Source Installation" is a bad link
    - "SMX4KNL:#Testing the Installation" is a bad link
  - Above the footer
    - "SMX4KNL:#top" is a bad link
41-commands
  - Overview section
    - all the items in the bulleted list are bad links
  - The "top" link is missing at the end of each section
  - Above the footer
    - "SMX4KNL:#top" is a bad link
42-remote-console
  - At the end of each section
    - "SMX4KNL:#top" is a bad link
  - Configuration section
    - "4.5 Security framework" is a bad link
43-logging-system
  - Above the footer
    - "SMX4KNL:#top" is a bad link
44-deployer
  - Only page to have section numbers in section headers
  - The "top" link is missing at the end of each section
  - Features deployer section
    - Missing "/" in "</features>" tag in example
  - Above the footer
    - "SMX4KNL:#top" is a bad link
45-security-framework
  - The "top" link is missing at the end of each section
  - Above the footer
    - "SMX4KNL:#top" is a bad link
46-provisioning
  - The "top" link is missing at the end of each section
  - Service configuration section
    - "6.2 Building custom distributions" is a bad link
  - Above the footer
    - "SMX4KNL:#top" is a bad link
47-administration
  - Above the footer
    - "SMX4KNL:#top" is a bad link
51-troubleshooting-debugging-and-profiling
  - At the end of each section
    - "SMX4KNL:#top" is a bad link
52-developing-applications
  - The "5.3 Creating bundles for third party dependencies" links are
bad in the header and footer
  - Above the footer
    - "SMX4KNL:#top" is a bad link
53-creating-bundles-for-third-party-dependencies
  - "http://felix.apache.org/site/maven-bundle-plugin-bnd.html" is a bad
link
  - Above the footer
    - "SMX4KNL:#top" is a bad link
6-advanced-uses
  - Above the footer
    - "SMX4KNL:#top" is a bad link
61-extending-the-console
  - The "6.2 Building custom distributions" links are bad in the header
and footer
  - The "top" link is missing at the end of each section
  - Above the footer
    - "SMX4KNL:#top" is a bad link
62-building-custom-distributions
  - The "6.3 programmatically connect to the console" links are bad in
the header and footer
  - Above the footer
    - "SMX4KNL:#top" is a bad link
63-programmatically-connect-to-the-console
  - The "6.4 Embedding ServiceMix kernel" links are bad in the header
and footer
  - "ServiceMix kernel" should be "Karaf" in above
  - Above the footer
    - "SMX4KNL:#top" is a bad link
65-deploying-security-providers
  - Above the footer
    - "SMX4KNL:#top" is a bad link
66-installing-additional-features
  - The "top" link is missing at the end of each section
  - The footer is missing
67-configuring-failover-deployments-available-in-110
  - The header is missing
  - The "top" link is missing at the end of each section
  - The footer is missing

Tim Moloney                            The reasonable man adapts himself
ManTech Real-time Systems Laboratory   the world; the unreasonable one
persists
2015 Cattlemen Road                    in trying to adapt the world to
himself.
Sarasota, FL  34232                    Therefore all progress depends on
the
(941) 377-6775 x208                    unreasonable man. - George
Bernard Shaw

AW: Bundle.getHeaders() returns a Dictionary

Posted by Al...@finnova.ch.
Ok I opened a JIRA issue for this bug:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FELIX-1130

- alex
--
finnova AG Bankware
Alexander Berger

Posted by "Richard S. Hall" <he...@ungoverned.org>.

Posted by "Richard S. Hall" <he...@ungoverned.org>.
It sounds like a bug to me. Definitely create a JIRA issue.

Thanks for reporting it.

-> richard

Re: Karaf Users' Guide problems

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.
Done

On Wed, May 13, 2009 at 15:14, Robert Burrell Donkin
<ro...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, May 13, 2009 at 1:53 PM, Moloney, Tim M <Ti...@mantech.com> wrote:
>>
>> I've submitted my ICLA and I'm now on the list.
>>
>> I have an account on cwiki but I think that I need permission to edit the Karaf Users' Guide.
>
> i'm probably going to be taking a look at the Karaf documentation in
> the next few days. if the admins l grant me karma (user "Robert
> Burrell Donkin" mail rdonkin@apache.org) then i'll try to correct any
> issues i find as well.
>
> TIA
>
> - robert

Cheers,
Guillaume Nodet

Re: Karaf Users' Guide problems

Posted by Robert Burrell Donkin <ro...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Tim Moloney <t....@verizon.net>.
Thanks, I see the edit tab now.

Sorry about making you hunt for my username.

Tim

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.

--
Cheers,
Guillaume Nodet

Re: Karaf Users' Guide problems

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.
Can you give me your exact id ? I've been unable to found it.

On Wed, May 13, 2009 at 14:53, Moloney, Tim M <Ti...@mantech.com> wrote:

> I've submitted my ICLA and I'm now on the list.
>
> I have an account on cwiki but I think that I need permission to edit the Karaf Users' Guide.  Who do I ask to get that permission?
>
> Thanks.
>

> Tim Moloney                            The reasonable man adapts himself to
> ManTech Real-time Systems Laboratory   the world; the unreasonable one persists
> 2015 Cattlemen Road                    in trying to adapt the world to himself.
> Sarasota, FL  34232                    Therefore all progress depends on the
> (941) 377-6775 x208                    unreasonable man. - George Bernard Shaw

Cheers,
Guillaume Nodet

RE: Karaf Users' Guide problems

Posted by "Moloney, Tim M" <Ti...@ManTech.com>.