Posted to dev@community.apache.org by Hong Phuc Dang <hp...@fossasia.org> on 2016/02/02 06:58:17 UTC

Apache Presence at FOSSASIA 2016, Singapore

Greetings from FOSSASIA <http://fossasia.org/>,

I met Daniel Gruno at FOSDEM and he suggested me to inform Apache community
about FOSSASIA summit <http://2016.fossasia.org> which will take place in
Singapore March 18-20, 2016.

Similar to FOSDEM, FOSSASIA is the oldest and biggest open source event in
Asia. Our theme of this year is "The Internet of Things for me". I
understand that there are many IoT related projects within Apache. It would
be awesome to welcome Apache team at FOSSASIA 2016.

If you are interested in giving a talk/presentation/workshop at
FOSSASIA'16, please get in touch with me or register yourself at
http://2016.fossasia.org/speaker-registration

All the best

Hong Phuc

----

*About FOSSASIA *

FOSSASIA is an initiative started since 2009 in Vietnam, enhancing the
development of opensource projects and communities across Asia. Our action
plan includes:

   - Bringing together an inspiring community across borders and ages to
   form a better future with Open Technologies and ICT
   - Connecting Open Tech Communities across Asia with developers,
   designers and makers from around the world in the FOSSASIA network
   - Cooperating with the most forward thinking Open Tech innovators and
   companies of the planet
   - Organizing training programs and coding meet ups for thousands of
   young kids, Open Tech developers and designers every year

*Important links:*

   - Fossasia 2015 keynotes and recorded talks: https://goo.gl/lFfOsJ
   - Fossasia 2016 website: http://2016.fossasia.org
   <http://2015.fossasia.org/>
   - Speaker Registration: http://2016.fossasia.org/speaker-registration

____________________________
Hong Phuc Dang
FOSSASIA Organizer
Tel +65 83435672
hp@fossasia.org

FOSSASIA 2016, Mar 18 - Mar 20
Singapore, http://fossasia.org

Follow us on Google+
https://plus.google.com/108920596016838318216
Twitter
https://twitter.com/fossasia
Facebook
http://www.facebook.com/fossasia

Re: Apache Presence at FOSSASIA 2016, Singapore

Posted by Alexander Bezzubov <bz...@apache.org>.
Participating at FOSSASIA last year I would say that it was an amaising
conference indeed, equal to FOSDEM in spirit and outreach but of a smaller
scale (which ia actually make it even more awesome), that attracts very
diversed international croud.

This year I'm planning to have a talk there on behalf of Apahe Zeppelin
incubating project community, but if there is an interest from foundation
to have a presence I would extend my commitment to hosting an ASF booth, as
we did at FOSDEM this year.

Would there be such interest?
Does anybody else want to go to Singapore and help doing that?

Please let me know.

--
Alex

Posted by Abdo Lwafi <lw...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Sharan Foga <sh...@gmail.com>.
Hi

One of our community members from Apache OFBiz has submitted a
presentation for FOSSASIA, that has been accepted.

Thanks
Sharan