Posted to soap-user@xml.apache.org by Tim Wei <ti...@yahoo.com> on 2002/01/29 20:49:28 UTC

No Deserializer found to deserialize

Would somebody please shed light on to my problem?

I did my soap registry like this:

        SOAPMappingRegistry smr = new SOAPMappingRegistry();
        GetExternalUserIDHashtableSerializer mapSer = new
GetExternalUserIDHashtableSerializer();
        smr.mapTypes(Constants.NS_URI_SOAP_ENC,
                     new
QName("http://service.myservice.com/soap/api/", "extuserid"),
                     Hashtable.class, mapSer, mapSer);

But the result is with a SOAPException with a message "No
Deserializer found to deserialize a ':extuserid'" as you can see
from here:

<SOAP-ENV:Envelope
   <SOAP-ENV:Body>
      <mvsoap:GetExternalUserIDResponse
xmlns:mvsoap="http://service.myservice.com/soap/api/"><ext
userid>
<idname xsi:type="xsd:string">TM_CRDB_SUBSCRIBER_ID</idname>
<idvalue xsi:type="xsd:string">001265789</idvalue>
</extuserid>
<extuserid>
<idname xsi:type="xsd:string">PORTAL_ID_INIT_ENTRY</idname>
<idvalue xsi:type="xsd:string">003</idvalue>
</extuserid>
</mvsoap:GetExternalUserIDResponse>
   </SOAP-ENV:Body>
</SOAP-ENV:Envelope>
Caught SOAPException (SOAP-ENV:Client): No Deserializer found to
deserialize a ':extuserid' using encoding style
'http://schemas.xmlsoap.org
/soap/encoding/'.

=====
Tim's home page:
http://www.geocities.com/timwei

http://auctions.yahoo.com

Re: No Deserializer found to deserialize

Posted by Tim Wei <ti...@yahoo.com>.
Thank you, Fred!

In http://service.myservice.com/soap/api/, "myservice" is
something that I actually changed from a server's name which is
on the other side of the globe. I got the right response which
is:

<SOAP-ENV:Envelope
   <SOAP-ENV:Body>
      <mvsoap:GetExternalUserIDResponse
xmlns:mvsoap="http://service.myservice.com/soap/api/"><ext
userid>
<idname xsi:type="xsd:string">TM_CRDB_SUBSCRIBER_ID</idname>
<idvalue xsi:type="xsd:string">001265789</idvalue>
</extuserid>
<extuserid>
<idname xsi:type="xsd:string">PORTAL_ID_INIT_ENTRY</idname>
<idvalue xsi:type="xsd:string">003</idvalue>
</extuserid>
</mvsoap:GetExternalUserIDResponse>
   </SOAP-ENV:Body>
</SOAP-ENV:Envelope>

I think this is just a question of deserialize this soap
envelope on my side (client side). Within it is, obviously, a
hashtable. But my
deserializer(GetExternalUserIDHashtableSerializer) is for a
hashtable. Probably I do not understand the whole picture. I
understand that as soap is concerned, so long I get the right
protocal, Apache soap package, or my deserializer should be able
to deal with the result. This should be the beauty of soap.
Please tell me, if I am wrong.

=====

Posted by Tim Wei <ti...@yahoo.com>.
Thank you, Fred!