Posted to adffaces-dev@incubator.apache.org by Martin Marinschek <ma...@gmail.com> on 2007/04/27 17:02:55 UTC

MyFaces community BOF at J1

Hi *,

we (Manfred and me, but get in contact with us if you are at J1, we'll
share the stage!) have been accepted for a MyFaces community BOF at
J1, and as the community is the most important asset in this project,
we'd like to talk about the community.

What I've thought about is to do a session where we show a photo of
each of the MyFaces committers, nationality (so that we can show how
different we are in region), age, and a funny statement with regards
to her/him (either what she/he said or what one can say about
her/him), and then what she/he's done for the MyFaces project (so
we're introducing MyFaces and what it can do by introducing the
MyFaces community).

Now I've got three questions for you:
- Is that an idea you'd approve of?
- Would you be willing to send me photos until Tuesday the latest?
- Would you be against being shown on a J1 presentation with your
photo, plus a funny remark, which will hopefully be tasteful and not
disgraceful ;)

regards,

Martin

--

http://www.irian.at

Your JSF powerhouse -
JSF Consulting, Development and
Courses in English and German

Professional Support for Apache MyFaces

Re: MyFaces community BOF at J1

Posted by Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org>.
On 4/29/07, Adam Winer <aw...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I guess I qualify as part of the MyFaces community now? :)

you already sent patches back in the sourceforge days, so yes!
:)

--
Matthias Wessendorf
http://tinyurl.com/fmywh

further stuff:
mail: mwessendorf-at-gmail-dot-com

Re: MyFaces community BOF at J1

Posted by Martin Marinschek <ma...@gmail.com>.
Hi guys,

just send the photos over to me, I'll collect them and Manfred,
Matthias, Dennis and me will compile the presentation. And we'll also
extend the picture to include some photos of the larger JSF community,
so Kito, your photo is of course welcome.

regards,

Martin

Posted by Cagatay Civici <ca...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "Kito D. Mann" <km...@virtua.com>.

Posted by Manfred Geiler <ma...@gmail.com>.
Kito,

Posted by "Kito D. Mann" <km...@virtua.com>.

Posted by Adam Winer <aw...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Mario Ivankovits <ma...@ops.co.at>.
Hi!

Posted by Cagatay Civici <ca...@gmail.com>.
Great idea, I'm in:)

Re: MyFaces community BOF at J1

Posted by Dennis Byrne <de...@dbyrne.net>.
I probably won't be able to make the Tuesday deadline but count me in.  Good
idea Martin, see you there.

On 4/28/07, Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org> wrote:

> after may 2nd I am able to sent you some data
>
> -M
>
> On 4/28/07, Manfred Geiler <ma...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Martins idea rocks! The Faces of MyFaces. Great! I'm sure we all will
> > have much fun at this BOF.
> > Well, regarding the photos and statements I think we will use the lazy
> > consensus approach: Everybody has 72 hours to object OR send us a
> > photo and a few words about his/her role in the community and why it
> > is fun to be member of the MyFaces team.
> > If someone is too "lazy" WE will choose a photo and a story! Be
> > warned: We can be creative.
> > :-)
> >
> > BTW, this is also a good opportunity to doublecheck your data in the
> > team list at http://myfaces.apache.org/team-list.html
> >
> > And please dont forget to tell us your nationality, current residence
> > and age - we believe every number between 14 and 122 and we will not
> > verify it.  ;-)
> >
> > Looking forward to meeting many of you at J1.
> >
> > --Manfred
> >

> > On 4/27/07, Martin Marinschek <ma...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > Exactly. Well, you can choose a nice photo, or the photo of a person
> > > who isn't you ;)
> > >
> > > regards,
> > >
> > > Martin

> I've

> of the

> J1, we'll
> BOF at
> project,

> photo of
> show how
> regards
> (so
> the

> latest?
> your
> and not

> > > --
> > >
> > > http://www.irian.at
> > >
> > > Your JSF powerhouse -
> > > JSF Consulting, Development and
> > > Courses in English and German
> > >
> > > Professional Support for Apache MyFaces
> > >

> > --
> > http://www.irian.at
> > Your JSF powerhouse - JSF Consulting,
> > Development and Courses in English and
> > German

> Matthias Wessendorf
> http://tinyurl.com/fmywh
>
> further stuff:
> mail: mwessendorf-at-gmail-dot-com

--
Dennis Byrne

Re: MyFaces community BOF at J1

Posted by Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org>.

Posted by Jurgen Lust <Ju...@gmail.com>.
I like the idea, although I won't be able to make to J1, being from
Belgium I'm more of a JavaPolis/SpringOne kind of guy, and I'm afraid my
boss won't be willing to pay me a trip to San Francisco :)

Anyway, where do we send these wonderful photos and ode to oneself?
Mailing list?

Jurgen

Op zaterdag 28-04-2007 om 21:42 uur [tijdzone +0200], schreef Manfred
Geiler:

Jurgen Lust
email: jlust@apache.org
blog: http://jroller.com/page/jurgenlust

Re: MyFaces community BOF at J1

Posted by Manfred Geiler <ma...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Martin Marinschek <ma...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Grant Smith <wo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Grant Smith <wo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Martin Marinschek <ma...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Martin Marinschek <ma...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Bruno Aranda <br...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Bruno Aranda <br...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Paul McMahan <pa...@gmail.com>.
Sounds like fun.   Too bad I can't make J1 this year to meet the team
in person.

Best wishes,
Paul