Posted to dev@manifoldcf.apache.org by Ahmet Arslan <io...@yahoo.com> on 2012/09/04 01:25:59 UTC

maven build/support

Hello all,

1) "mvn -Dmaven.test.skip=true clean install" fails on trunk giving following exception:

Failed to execute goal org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-dependency-plugin:2.3:unpack-dependencies (unpack-amps) on project mcf-alfresco-war-test: Execution unpack-amps of goal org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-dependency-plugin:2.3:unpack-dependencies failed: Unable to load the mojo 'unpack-dependencies' in the plugin 'org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-dependency-plugin:2.3'. A required class is missing: org/codehaus/plexus/archiver/ArchiverException
[ERROR] -----------------------------------------------------
[ERROR] realm =    plugin>org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-dependency-plugin:2.3

When I remove <version>2.3</version> from maven-dependency-plugin all works. I checked other pom.xml files, they don't have version tag.

2) I see some connectors (sharepoint, documentum, livelink, memex, meridio, filenet) do not have pom.xml files. (I have one handy for sharepoint that passes mvn package/install) Is this because they are proprietary connectors?

For 1) and sharepoint pom.xml, should I file a jira or Can I commit directly?

Thanks,
Ahmet

Re: maven build/support

Posted by Karl Wright <da...@gmail.com>.
Hi Ahmet,

You should always create tickets for each distinct issue you have
found.  You are then free to commit a fix for the ticket, on your own
judgment, or attach a patch and let others review it.  It is up to you
based on the situation and how confident you are about the fix.

Please also make sure that when you commit a fix with a related
ticket, you commit an entry in CHANGES.txt so we can track what has
occurred.

Thanks!
Karl

Re: maven build/support

Posted by Karl Wright <da...@gmail.com>.
Hi Ahmet,

Yes, I saw your proposed contribution, but the dependency on running
ant first was a problem for me, because for some things (notably the
alfresco war) we have to run Maven first to build it. :-/.  However,
there is an ant plugin for Maven that you might be able to make use of
to do the work.  It's more effort but the result would be better.

Karl

Re: maven build/support

Posted by Ahmet Arslan <io...@yahoo.com>.

Re: maven build/support

Posted by Karl Wright <da...@gmail.com>.
> 2) I see some connectors (sharepoint, documentum, livelink, memex, meridio, filenet) do not have pom.xml files. (I have one handy for sharepoint that passes mvn package/install) Is this because they are proprietary connectors?

The Memex Patriarch connector is currently not pertinent because Memex
demanded that we remove it.  That was about two years ago.
Documentum, livelink, and filenet connectors are proprietary, but
there are stubs written now that might possibly permit a pom.xml to be
written - although without the real proprietary jars, they will not
function.  SharePoint's pom was not there because none of us could