Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by Nicolás Lichtmaier <ni...@reloco.com.ar> on 2004/08/14 01:30:26 UTC

Problem creating rpm package of rc2

I'm trying to create rpm packages for Subversion 1.1rc2 and for
RHEL3/WBEL. I've installed everything (except subversion itself) from
http://summersoft.fay.ar.us/pub/subversion/latest/whitebox-el-3/bin/ . I
went to the packages/rpm/wbel-3 directory and ran "make
RELEASE=1.1.0.rc2". The compilation went fine, but at the end I've got this:

Checking for unpackaged file(s): /usr/lib/rpm/check-files
/root/rpms/tmp/subversion-1.1.0-1.1.0.rc2
error: Installed (but unpackaged) file(s) found:
   /usr/bin/neon-config
   /usr/include/neon/ne_207.h
   /usr/include/neon/ne_acl.h
   /usr/include/neon/ne_alloc.h
[...]

RPM build errors:
    Installed (but unpackaged) file(s) found:
   /usr/bin/neon-config
   /usr/include/neon/ne_207.h
   /usr/include/neon/ne_acl.h
   /usr/include/neon/ne_alloc.h
   /usr/include/neon/ne_auth.h
   /usr/include/neon/ne_basic.h
   /usr/include/neon/ne_compress.h
   /usr/include/neon/ne_cookies.h
[...]
make: *** [build_rpm_files] Error 1

I know nearly nothing about the RPM package building system (I would
never choose RedHat over Debian =) ). Is there something wrong in the
spec file?

Thanks!

Re: Problem creating rpm package of rc2

Posted by David Summers <da...@summersoft.fay.ar.us>.
On Sat, 14 Aug 2004, Nicolás Lichtmaier wrote:

> BTW, check how thr RELEASE variable is calculated. It doesn't work
> without a WC. In a tar.gz release RELEASE should be fixed to something
> ("rc2"?).

I always build from the WC.  I will play around and see if I can come up
with a way to build from a tar.gz file.

Thanks.

--
David Wayne Summers          "Linux: Because reboots are for hardware upgrades!"
david@summersoft.fay.ar.us   PGP Key: http://summersoft.fay.ar.us/~david/pgp.txt

Re: Problem creating rpm package of rc2

Posted by Nicolás Lichtmaier <ni...@reloco.com.ar>.

Posted by David Summers <da...@summersoft.fay.ar.us>.

Posted by Nicolás Lichtmaier <ni...@reloco.com.ar>.

Posted by Nicolás Lichtmaier <ni...@reloco.com.ar>.

Posted by Ben Reser <be...@reser.org>.
On Fri, Aug 13, 2004 at 10:30:26PM -0300, Nicolás_Lichtmaier wrote:
> I'm trying to create rpm packages for Subversion 1.1rc2 and for
> RHEL3/WBEL. I've installed everything (except subversion itself) from
> http://summersoft.fay.ar.us/pub/subversion/latest/whitebox-el-3/bin/ . I
> went to the packages/rpm/wbel-3 directory and ran "make
> RELEASE=1.1.0.rc2". The compilation went fine, but at the end I've got this:
>
> Checking for unpackaged file(s): /usr/lib/rpm/check-files
> /root/rpms/tmp/subversion-1.1.0-1.1.0.rc2
> error: Installed (but unpackaged) file(s) found:
>   /usr/bin/neon-config
>   /usr/include/neon/ne_207.h
>   /usr/include/neon/ne_acl.h
>   /usr/include/neon/ne_alloc.h
> [...]
>
> RPM build errors:
>    Installed (but unpackaged) file(s) found:
>   /usr/bin/neon-config
>   /usr/include/neon/ne_207.h
>   /usr/include/neon/ne_acl.h
>   /usr/include/neon/ne_alloc.h
>   /usr/include/neon/ne_auth.h
>   /usr/include/neon/ne_basic.h
>   /usr/include/neon/ne_compress.h
>   /usr/include/neon/ne_cookies.h
> [...]
> make: *** [build_rpm_files] Error 1
>
> I know nearly nothing about the RPM package building system (I would
> never choose RedHat over Debian =) ). Is there something wrong in the
> spec file?

RPM used to silently ignore uninstalled files.  Now it errors out.  If
the package isn't going to use a system neon lib and is going to build
the neon that comes with the subversion tarball it needs to either
package the development files or delete them in %install.

Probably the proper thing here is to delete the neon subdir in %prep
because I would bet you already have a neon package installed.

--
Ben Reser <be...@reser.org>
http://ben.reser.org

"Conscience is the inner voice which warns us somebody may be looking."
- H.L. Mencken