Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by Danilo Tuler <tu...@ideais.com.br> on 2006/07/18 21:51:28 UTC

Slow subscription

Hi,

My architecture is a publish/subscribe composed by a single producer, and
I'm testing with a single consumer.
There are a couple of thousands of topics, each representing a security
(stock quotes). The number of messages is around 5 per second per topic
(quite low I guess).

The problem I'm facing is that the subscription to a topic a taking quite a
long time, around 2 seconds per topic. My test application subscribes to 50
topics, and this takes more than a minute. The call that takes long is
session.createConsumer.

The topics are non-durable and the clients use the retroactive consumer
feature with the last image subscription policy.

I need some tip to increase the subscription performance.
This poor performance is happening with no authentication yet. It'll get
worse when I attach my JDBCLoginModule :-(

Thanks in advance.
Danilo Tuler