Posted to dev@struts.apache.org by James Mitchell <jm...@apache.org> on 2003/05/15 19:23:14 UTC

[OT] SSH weirdness

I'm experiencing something rather weird.

Is anyone else was having trouble connecting over ssh to cvs.apache.org?
I can't seem to connect over normal ssh (command line) on windoze (cygwin)
or Linux.

Here's what I get:
[jmitchell@localhost jmitchell]$ ssh -l jmitchell cvs.apache.org
Connection closed by 208.185.179.13
[jmitchell@localhost jmitchell]$

...that's it.  No prompt for password, no error message, just connection
closed.

I have no trouble connecting to other servers (sf.net, etc) and if I use
ssh/cvs
that is included with Eclipse, it works!

I've googled and this is the closest thing I can find:
http://www.snailbook.com/faq/libwrap-oops.auto.html

Anyone have a clue about this?

Who should I send a request to? Infrastructure? General? Root?

--
James Mitchell
Software Developer/Struts Evangelist

Re: [OT] SSH weirdness

Posted by James Mitchell <jm...@apache.org>.
It's a new install of RH8 so I know it's not something hanging around.

I'm guessing that it's a problem with my account on icarus.
I sent root@apache a request, so, with any hope, I can get back to "normal"
a development process (I can't stand having to use Eclipse's cvs/ssh).  It's
God-awful slow and just not the same as command line....if you know what I
mean ;)

Posted by Rob Leland <rl...@apache.org>.

Re: [OT] SSH weirdness

Posted by Max Cooper <ma...@maxcooper.com>.
The -v option may help pinpoint the failure:

ssh -v ...

It might be that your new ssh client defaults to v2 and the old one
defaulted to v1 or something. If that is the case, the -1 (that's a 'one')
might work:

ssh -1 ...

-Max