Posted to users@maven.apache.org by "Mark R. Diggory" <md...@latte.harvard.edu> on 2004/01/20 15:14:46 UTC

Plugins, JVM and dependencies

So...

I now have succesfully genreated my first pgp key pair using my
signature plugin, but I have issues...

BouncyCastle currently comes in a few jvm version packages

JDK 1.4
bcprov-jdk14-121.jar
bcmail-jdk14-121.jar
bcpg-jdk14-121.jar
bctest-jdk14-121.jar

JDK 1.3
bcprov-jdk13-121.jar
jce-jdk13-121.jar
bcmail-jdk13-121.jar
bcpg-jdk13-121.jar
bctest-jdk13-121.jar

JDK 1.2
bcprov-jdk12-121.jar
jce-jdk12-121.jar
bcpg-jdk12-121.jar
bctest-jdk12-121.jar

The chanllenge when installing the JCE provider and PGP library is that
it is very sensitive to version differences. IE I can't generate
keypairs successfully on 1.4 with the 1.3 libraries [go figure ;)].

Is there a way I can detect the jvm verison on install or somehow manage
which jars get installed given my jvm version?

-Mark

Re: Plugins, JVM and dependencies

Posted by "Mark R. Diggory" <md...@latte.harvard.edu>.
wow my spelling is poor before my first cup of coffee. ;-)

Mark R. Diggory wrote:

> So...
>
> I now have succesfully genreated my first pgp key pair using my
> signature plugin, but I have issues...
>
> BouncyCastle currently comes in a few jvm version packages
>

> JDK 1.4
> bcprov-jdk14-121.jar
> bcmail-jdk14-121.jar
> bcpg-jdk14-121.jar
> bctest-jdk14-121.jar
>
> JDK 1.3
> bcprov-jdk13-121.jar
> jce-jdk13-121.jar
> bcmail-jdk13-121.jar
> bcpg-jdk13-121.jar
> bctest-jdk13-121.jar
>
> JDK 1.2
> bcprov-jdk12-121.jar
> jce-jdk12-121.jar
> bcpg-jdk12-121.jar
> bctest-jdk12-121.jar
>
> The chanllenge when installing the JCE provider and PGP library is that
> it is very sensitive to version differences. IE I can't generate
> keypairs successfully on 1.4 with the 1.3 libraries [go figure ;)].
>
> Is there a way I can detect the jvm verison on install or somehow manage
> which jars get installed given my jvm version?
>
> -Mark

Mark Diggory
Software Developer
Harvard MIT Data Center