Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Firas Adiler <ta...@idigna.com> on 2006/08/10 11:24:34 UTC

@Block, accessing the caller's properties

Hello,

Can a Block-component access the page/component that's calling RenderBlock?

Assume page C contains this call: jwcid="@RenderBlock"
block="ognl:someBlock"

Can someBlock access page C's properties?

Thanks for your time!

</Firas>

RE: @Block, accessing the caller's properties

Posted by Firas Adiler <ta...@idigna.com>.
Robert,

This does offer greater flexibility indeed.

Thanks for the tip!

</Firas>

Posted by Firas Adiler <ta...@idigna.com>.
Hello Norbi,

I used this ognl expression: components.MyBlock.invoker.page.someProperty

and it worked like a charm. Thank you!

</Firas>

Firas Adiler wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Can a Block-component access the page/component that's calling
RenderBlock?

> Assume page C contains this call: jwcid="@RenderBlock"
> block="ognl:someBlock"
>
> Can someBlock access page C's properties?
>

> Thanks for your time!
>
> </Firas>

2006.08.09.

Re: @Block, accessing the caller's properties